Part-Time Oakville: Part Time PSWs Required
- Delivers client focused care within the full scope of practice of a PSW, respecting the individuality and dignity of each client.
- Maintains a positive and supportive attitude, manner and relationship with clients which promote active living.
- Provides personal care in accordance with individual needs, and under the direction of the PSW Supervisor/Manager Direct Client Services to maximize the individual’s level of independent functioning.
- Notifies client immediately if there is any change in the scheduled visit.
- Provides appropriate care to clients admitted to the Recovery Room area related to illness/ rehabilitation /palliation/relocation.
- Assists with meals, feeding, providing nourishment supplements.
- Contributes to the effectiveness of the care plan by observing, communicating and recording appropriately.
- Observe clients for any changes and reports and unusual events promptly and directly to the PSW Supervisor/Manager Direct Client Care.
- Contributes to clients’ security by responding to requests for emergency service, the fire alarm, meal reminders, monitoring door security, and doing security rounds, while respecting the privacy and dignity of clients; responds to all connect care calls.
- Contributes to the functioning of the department by adhering to policies and procedures and by performing duties as assigned.
- Uses proper body mechanics with positioning, turning clients in bed and transferring by using single-person, two-person and mechanical lifts.
- Provides appropriate First Aid to injured clients and staff.
- Answers phones and directs enquiries as appropriate, when the front office is closed; assists in maintaining Client Services Office cleanliness.
- Ensures the safeguard and security of keys and follows all rules for the entrance to clients’ rooms.
- Attends training sessions and workshops as required.
- Complies with all company and Safety policies and the OH&S Act including (but not limited to) knowing, understanding and implementing safe work practices, knowing, understanding, and employing established rules and procedures for handling materials, equipment, etc., using all safety devices provided, and reporting any and all injuries, hazards and unusual conditions to a manager.
- Reports to the Manager Direct Client Services.
- Because of the changing nature of work and the work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be added, changes or deleted at any time.
- Completion of secondary school and a Personal Support Workers certificate.
- Ability to communicate in written and oral English.
- Standard First Aid Certificate (current) and Basic CPR (current).
- Police Clearance Certificate (current).
- Knowledge of the physical and mental changes associated with aging.
- Knowledge of WHMIS.
- Knowledge of techniques of good body mechanics to prevent injury.
- Knowledge of Universal Precautions to prevent the spread of infection.
- Six to twelve months of Health Care experience.
- Three months of on-the-job training.
Scope of Duties (Judgment/Accountability)
- Accountable to the Manager Direct Client Services for adherence to safe working practices and policies and overall performance.
- Communication manual, lists, and daily register must be kept up-to-date.
Consequence of Errors
- Must follow all safety procedures to ensure the security of clients.
- Lifting floor to waist – no more than 25 kg (55 lb)
- Lifting waist to shoulder – no more than 7 kg (15 lb)
- Carrying – no more than 7 kg (15 lb)
- Bending, reaching and twisting as required in carrying out a variety of personal assistance activities.
- Must be available to work 24/7.
Internal: Regularly with clients, Client Services and other staff, on-site nursing agency personnel.
External: Regularly with clients’ families.
How to Apply
You must quote Job #1586 on all related correspondence.
Apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or use the apply online feature below